Training & Events
These include a range practical workshops, events and master classes
- For directors and equivalent governing bodies of public entities and business organisations (including companies) of the importance and rationale for having Women Directors on Boards
- Master classes for women to help in how you might plan for board roles or seeking to add a new NED role to your portfolio in the future. Learn about what it takes to be a director and strategies for including board work in your career.
- To provide personal support, connections and encouragement through networking events are informal, friendly and fact-filled events with a guest speaker.
- Opportunities to develop your professional network attended by like-minded people and gain practical information and insights at both information and events, focussing on you connecting with people who can help with your executive and board career
- To inspire you by hearing from successful and influential directors and provide you access to these role models.
Access to Board Vacancies
This is achieved in two ways:
- Identify competent women and compile a register of suitable candidates for posts on boards of directors and equivalent governing bodies of public entities and business organisations including companies
- Encourage those looking to appoint women directors to post their vacancies with WDM so our members can apply for such opportunities
Provide a resource facility with reference materials, research and articles
- The reference materials include guidance for NEDs and trustees. Selected reading contains articles and books that provide key strategic insights, useful tips and information in a range of areas.
- Reports provide access to a wide range of global research reports especially from the UK, USA and Australia
Recent Workshops & Events
- Legal responsibilities in the Boardroom
- Sharing the Boardroom’.
- Good Governance: the Role of Compliance and the Board
- Networking event at the Malta Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Role and Importance of Women Directors on Male-Denominated Boards
- Women on Boards: Why act now?
- Are Board Directors ready for Blockchain
- GDPR's impact at Board Level
- Equality is not a women’s issue alone; It is men’s issue too
- Women Directors Malta EU research project presentation on Women In Power
- An understanding of what it means to be a director and the types of experience which are in demand in the boardroom
- Accessing boards in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors
- The opportunity to register an interest in taking up board positions
- Developing network of contacts in other business/ professional, the public, not-for-profit and government sectors
- How to develop a strategy for a board career
- Pointers to professional development to be an attractive candidate to boards
- Information about board opportunities
Getting Started: Realising Your Board Potential
Our Getting Started workshop is designed for women to achieve more from their career and encourages you to consider how you might plan for board roles or seeking to add a new NED role to your portfolio in the future. Learn about what it takes to be a director and strategies for including board work in your career
Our Boardroom Conversations are designed to inspire and educate you on a variety of boardroom topics and about the many and varied types of board roles available.
More In-Depth Help In
- Board Recruitment
- Choosing your first Board
- Common CV mistakes
- What makes a good Board CV
- Developing high quality, board-ready CV
- Write a good cover letter
- Communicating with impact.
Corporate and Public Sector Sponsored Workshops
We deliver workshops for both public and private organisations on the economic and strategic benefits of having women directors on boards, using the latest research and evidence. How access to a database of potential candidates can be of value to them.