Ready to be in AWE?WDM in collaboration with the American Embassy in Malta is proud to host the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) in Malta. AWE is committed to providing women with the knowledge, tools, and networks they need to establish and grow their business. This facilitated online programme was developed by Thunderbird School of Global Management, one of the best management schools in the US. The school forms part of Arizona State University. Women in Malta will be able to join 70 other countries around the world taking part in this global programme, They will be provided with the opportunity to further their business skills, learn from mentors, and develop their business plans. After graduation they will become members of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) Exchange Alumni Database. This provides four main benefits: mentorship opportunities, networking with thousands of alumnae worldwide; access to other US programmes; and access to more funding opportunities.
The course is fully sponsored by the US Government
The course comprises of 13 modules, which cover the full process of developing your idea into a business. The list of modules is further down this page. Each week you will follow the module online at your leisure. Each module takes about two hours to complete. Every two weeks you will meet our facilitators who will help you by giving you more information related to the local scene. You will have support all along the way. The program will allow you to get hands-on experience with lectures held online, case studies, workshops, and other discussions through networking sessions. The course is planned to start in April 2021.
Upon completion of the course, participants will graduate as students of the Thunderbird School of Global Management. A competition will award the 3 most innovative and creative ideas with Seed Funds of $2,000 each (or the equivalent in Euro) to start their business rolling.
Applications for AWE are now open!!
Do not miss this opportunity!
Make your dream a reality!
Watch the promotional video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdHDjTWZCc
Outline of Course
- Module 1 – Start Your Dream
- Module 2– Exploring Your Dream
- Module 3– Planning Your Dream
- Module 4 – Making Your Dream
- Module 5 - Marketing Your Dream
- Module 6 – Pricing Your Dream
- Module 7 –Selling Your Dream
- Module 8 – Managing Your Dream
- Module 9 – Profiting Your Dream
- Module 10– Keeping Track of Your Dream
- Module 11 – Funding Your Dream
- Module 12– Formalising Your Dream
- Module 13– Turning Your Dreams into Reality
WDM will evaluate the applications together with the motivational letters of the prospective candidates
To participate, the following criteria must be met:
- You are a woman aged 18+
- You understand and can follow the online material in English
- You have an idea for a business or you have recently started one but want to learn more.
- You have basic computer skills
- You are able to commit to a minimum of three hours per week to AWE
If you meet all the criteria above and would like further information, please show your interest by sending an email to [email protected]
Closing date is 22 March 2021.